Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Big Move

Little did I know that just several months before ending my masters program, I would already have a job, and that the job would be taking me to the other side of the world! In late January I accepted a position to teach at an international school in Almaty, Kazakhstan. It leaves me feeling a little nervous, but excited at the thought of this new adventure! I am so thankful for the opportunity to live overseas once again doing what I love....teaching!! I'm excited at the prospect of experiencing and learning about a new culture. So, now begins the preparation.....deciding what to take with me, what to leave behind in storage, what things to get rid of, what family and friends do I need to visit before leaving, is my passport in order, what do I need to get my visa, what will I need for my new classroom and how much Russian can I teach myself for leaving? My head is filled with these thoughts on a daily basis and I just get more and more excited!